I went to a green tea (sencha) tasting with Marika, it was so much fun! We visited the Chanomi Club tea shop in Tsukiji, there are 5 floors and each floor featured a different tea. We started on the 5th floor and worked our way down.
The first tea was served cold, it was very light and refreshing. It was served with a shrimp wonton and tea leaf tempura. The next was a stronger, hot tea. The taste was just a little bitter, and accompanied by a very light and sweet wafer-like cookie. On the third floor the tea expert served two slightly different teas, the “NU” had a strong initial flavor, but it didn’t linger. The “Shine” had a mild initial flavor, but slowly filled with a lingering strong taste. Both were delicious! The first three floors featured tea from the Shizuoka area, which is a few hours south of Tokyo, and is the popular tea for Tokyoites.
On the second floor we drank the house specialty from Kanagawa. It has a flavor that tastes like nature, almost like drinking spring air, but with a wood or grass essence. It was my favorite, and served with a mochi treat. Finally the first floor featured a simple organic tea.
- dizzymiyuki likes this
- vegfulness reblogged this from chiefandmischief
- sugarpiehoneyglow reblogged this from chiefandmischief and added:
- sugarpiehoneyglow likes this
- this-girl-loves-that-girl reblogged this from teaheez
- teaheez reblogged this from chiefandmischief
- shadowofthywings likes this
- renalli likes this
- chiefandmischief posted this